Thu, 15 Jul|
Have you even been asked to monitor the anaesthesia of a bearded dragon for a lump removal and thought..... what? How? Join Reece Padian to get lots of inspiration, courage and experience in dealing with these exotic patients.
Time & Location
15 Jul 2021, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
About the Event
Have you even been asked to monitor the anaesthesia of a bearded dragon for a lump removal and thought..... what? How?
Today we will bridge the gap between the companion animals into the more exotic species and what we can do in practice to increase confidence and competence when dealing with patients we may not have dealt with before. This day will include;
- preparation- the better the preparation, the smoother the anaesthesia.
- fluid therapy- what fluids can we give and how?
- premedication and analgesia- what drugs can we utilise, will they have the same effects. What do we need to change with our exotic patients? This will include some local anaesthesia techniques
- monitoring- what monitoring techniques can we use in these exotic patients, how can we set them up and what changes may we see?
- recovery- the most critical point of any anaesthesia. What do we need to do for our exotic patients to make this less risky?”
Enjoy all this from the comfort of your own home, this day will be ran via zoom.